RSP Adult Mentoring Program
Reentry Solutions Program (RSP)
Mid Valley Mentors’ Reentry Solutions Program (RSP) provides mentoring support for adults leaving Oregon State prisons and returning to the community in Marion County. RSP recruits, screens and trains volunteers to mentor adults throughout their transition out of incarceration. Prior to release from prison, eligible and interested inmates are connected with a mentor to develop a relationship and create a plan to support successful reentry. Upon release, mentors meet with ex-offenders one hour per week to work through potential barriers and provide advocacy, guidance, support, encouragement and connection to community resources. The main goals of the program are to reduce the rates of recidivism and improve opportunities for successful community living.
Who does RSP serve?
Mid Valley Mentors RSP provides mentoring and support for adult offenders transitioning from prison back into Marion County. The Marion County Reentry Initiative via the Marion County Sheriff’s Office refers clients to Mid Valley Mentors for participation in RSP who meet the following requirements:
- Have a strong desire to become a contributing member of the community
- Will be a resident of Marion County
- Were convicted of a crime other than a sex offense or arson
- Posses a recommendation from their Parole Officer as a good candidate for the program
Mid Valley Mentors Re-entry Solutions Program provides one-to-one and small group mentoring support to increase access to employment, education and support services. Mentoring is proven to reduce recidivism by providing:
- Social and emotional support
- Significant positive ties to the community
- Life skills development
- Assistance accessing existing community services
How to get involved:
Or call us 503-584-4865